PhD Study at City University of Hong Kong (香港城市大學) (節能環保建築)
PhD study for Energy-efficient and Green Building (節能環保建築) related research topics under the supervision of Dr ALS Chan (Associate Professor), who is one of the top 2% of the world’s most highly cited scientists (according to the metrics compiled by Stanford University) and has a h-index = 38.
City University of Hong Kong is ranked 53rd in the world (Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings in 2022).
Candidate may apply for the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme which provides a yearly stipend of USD 41,385 (~HK$322,800) for three years; and a conference and research related travel allowance of USD 1,730 (~HK$13,500) per year.
Below are some selected publications from Dr ALS Chan for reference:
1. Chan ALS. Investigating the thermal performance and Overall Thermal Transfer Value (OTTV) of air-conditioned buildings under the effect of adjacent shading against solar radiation. Building Engineering 44 (2021)103211 (Available online 8 September 2021).
2. Chan ALS. Evaluating the impact of photovoltaic systems on the thermal performance of buildings and its implication to building energy code. A case study in subtropical Hong Kong. Energy Policy 119 (2018) 674-688.
3. Chan ALS. Generation of typical meteorological years using genetic algorithm for different energy systems. Renewable Energy 90 (2016) 1-13.
4. Chan ALS. Investigation on the appropriate floor level of residential building for installing balcony, from a view point of energy and environmental performance. A case study in subtropical Hong Kong, Energy 85 (2015) 620-634.
5. Chan ALS, Chow TT. Thermal performance of air-conditioned office buildings constructed with inclined walls in different climates in China. Applied Energy 114 (2014) 45–57.
6. Chan ALS, Chow TT. Energy and economic performance of green roof system under future climatic conditions in Hong Kong. Energy and Buildings 64 (2013) 182-198.
7. Chan ALS. Energy and environmental performance of building fa?ades integrated with phase change material in subtropical Hong Kong. Energy and Buildings 43 (2011) 2947-2955.
8. Chan ALS. Developing a modified typical meteorological year weather file for Hong Kong taking into account the urban heat island effect. Building and Environment 46 (2011) 2434-2441.
9. Chan ALS, Chow TT, Fong KF, Lin Z. Investigation on energy performance of double skin fa?ade in Hong Kong. Energy and Buildings 41 (2009) 1135-1142.
Minimum Entrance Requirements
Holding a higher research degree (or equivalent qualification) from a recognised university; or
holding a Master’s degree (or equivalent qualification) from a recognised university; or
holding a Bachelor’s degree with first class honours (or equivalent qualification) from a recognised university.
Interested candidate can contact Dr ALS Chan (email@example.com). The deadline for application is 1 December 2021.,Interested candidate can contact Dr ALS Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org).,总分:350